Fine Hall, Washington Road
Princeton, NJ 08544-1000
Office: 210 Fine Hall
I am a Postdoctoral Research Associate and Lecturer in Mathematics. My postdoctoral mentor is Professor Peter Constantin. I completed my Ph.D. in July, 2016 under the supervision of Professor Nicolas Burq at University Paris-Sud. My Ph.D. dissertation was devoted to mathematical analysis for water waves. My CV.
I am a co-organizer of the Analysis of Fluids and Related Topics seminar at Princeton this year.
My research area is Partial Differential Equations. I am currently interested in problems arising in fluid dynamics such as: water waves, the surface quasi-geostrophic equation, drop formation, shallow water waves, compressible Navier-Stokes equations. Below are my publications and preprints.
12. P. Constantin, T. Elgindi, H. Nguyen, V. Vicol. On singularity formation in a Hele-Shaw model, submitted.
11. P. Constantin, H. Q. Nguyen. Local and global strong solutions for SQG in bounded domains. Physica D, Special Issue in Honor of Edriss Titi, accepted (2017).
10. H. Q. Nguyen. Global weak solutions for generalized SQG in bounded domains. Analysis & PDE, accepted (2017).
9. P. Constantin, H. Q. Nguyen. Global weak solutions for SQG in bounded domains. Communication on Pure and Applied Mathematics, accepted (2017).
8. H. Q. Nguyen. Sharp Strichartz estimates for water waves systems. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, accepted (2017).
7. H. Q. Nguyen. A sharp Cauchy theory for 2D gravity-capillary water waves. Annales de l'Institut Henri Poincare (C) Analyse Non Lineaire, accepted (2016).
6. T. de Poyferre, H. Q. Nguyen. Strichartz estimates and local existence for the gravity-capillary water waves with non-Lipschitz initial velocity. Journal of Differential Equations, 261(1) 396-438, 2016.
5. T. de Poyferre, H. Q. Nguyen. A paradifferential reduction for the gravity-capillary waves system at low regularity and applications. Bulletin de la Societe Mathematique de France, accepted (2016).
4. H. Q. Nguyen. A pseudo-local property of gravity water waves system. SIAM Journal of Mathematical Analysis, 48(3) 1988-2027, 2016.
3. H. Q. Nguyen. Hadamard well-posedness of the gravity water waves system. Journal of Hyperbolic Differential Equations, 13(4) 791-820, 2016.
2. H. Q. Nguyen. Non uniformly elliptic equations with non-uniformly p-superlinear nonlinearities. Differential and Integral Equations, 27(9) 977-1000, 2014.
1. D. M. Duc, H. Q. Nguyen. Non-uniformly asymptotically linear p-Laplacian problems. Nonlinear Analysis, (92) 183-197, 2013.
Collaborators: P. Constantin (Princeton U), T. de Poyferre (UC Berkeley), D. M. Duong (HCM city U), T. Elgindi (UC San Diego), V. Vicol (Princeton U).
Fall 2017: MAT 104 Calculus II.
Spring 2018: APC350/MAT322 Differential Equations.