I am an Associate Research Scholar in the Department of Mathematics at Princeton University, working with Igor Rodnianski.
Next year I will be an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics & Applied Mathematics at the University of Crete.
Fine Hall 100, Washington Road
Princeton NJ 08544-1000, USA
Analysis, partial differential equations, differential geometry. More specifically, I am interested in the mathematical analysis of differential equations with a geometric background, like the Einstein equations in the context of the classical theory of general relativity. One of my main goals is to understand the nature of singularities that are typically found in the interior of black holes or at the Big Bang.
I am a co-organizer of the joint online mathematical relativity colloquium. To receive notifications for upcoming colloquia, you are invited to subscribe to our newsletter.
- (with Igor Rodnianski and Jared Speck) Stable Big Bang formation for Einstein's equations: The complete sub-critical regime, arXiv:2012.05888
- (with Spyros Alexakis) Stable space-like singularity formation for axi-symmetric and polarized near-Schwarzschild black hole interiors, arXiv:2004.00692
- (with Jonathan Luk) Asymptotically Kasner-like singularities, arXiv:2003.13591
- (with Jacques Smulevici) On the initial boundary value problem for the Einstein vacuum equations in the maximal gauge, arXiv:1912.07338
- Future dynamics of FLRW for the massless-scalar field system with positive cosmological constant, J. Math. Phys. 63 (2022), no. 3, 032502, 23pp. pdf
- (with Jacques Smulevici) The initial boundary value problem in General Relativity: the umbilic case, Int. Math. Res. Not. (online). pdf
- (with Jacques Smulevici) The initial boundary value problem for the Einstein equations with totally geodesic boundary, Comm. Math. Phys. 385 (2021), no. 3, 1615-1653. pdf
- (with Jan Sbierski) Generic blow-up results for the wave equation in the interior of a Schwarzschild black hole, Arch. Ration. Mech. Anal. 235 (2020), Issue 2, 927-971. pdf
- (with Artur Alho and Anne T. Franzen) The wave equation near flat Friedman-Lemaître-Robertson-Walker and Kasner Big Bang singularities, J. Hyperbolic Differ. Equ. 16 (2019), no. 2, pp. 379-400. pdf
- (with Volker Schlue) On 'hard stars' in general relativity, Ann. Henri Poincaré 20 (2019), Issue 7, pp 2135-2172. pdf
- (with Ilias Chenn and Israel Michael Sigal) The effective dynamics of the volume preserving mean curvature flow, J. Stat. Phys. 172 (2018), no. 2, 458-476. pdf
- On the backward stability of the Schwarzschild black hole singularity, Comm. Math. Phys. 345 (2016), Issue 3, pp 923-971. pdf
- (with Spyros Alexakis and Dezhong Chen) Singular Ricci solitons and their stability under the Ricci flow, Comm. Partial Differential Equations 40 (2015), no. 12, 2123-2172. pdf
- (with Vassili Nestoridis) Generic approximation of functions by their Padé approximants, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 408 (2013), no. 2, 744-750. pdf
- On a characterization of Arakelian sets, Izv. Nats. Akad. Nauk Armenii Mat. 47 (2012), no. 6, 3-18. pdf
Postdoctoral Researcher at the Sorbonne Université, 2018-2021. (Supervisor: Jacques Smulevici.) Research Associate at the University of Cambridge, 2016-2018. (Supervisor: Mihalis Dafermos.)
PhD in Mathematics (2016), University of Toronto. Advisor: Spyros Alexakis MSc in Mathematics (2012), University of Toronto. BSc in Mathematics (2010), National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
"Stability and Instability in General Relativity", Clay research conference, University of Oxford, 26-30 September, 2022. Black Hole Initiative Colloquium, Harvard University, 18 April, 2022. online video "Hyperbolic Differential Equations in Geometry and Physics", MATRIX, 4-8 April, 2022. "Aspects of Gravity, Mathematics and Physics", Ecole Polytechnique, 21-22 March, 2022. Geometry, Analysis & Gravitation seminar, Department of Mathematics, Queen Mary University of London, 27 January, 2022. General Relativity & Geometric Analysis seminar, Department of Mathematics, Columbia University, 5 November, 2021. "New Trends in Geometric PDEs", University of Muenster, 1-5 November, 2021. "Mathematical and Numerical Aspects of Gravitation", IPAM, 25-29 October, 2021. online video Seminar series at the Vanderbilt Initiative for Gravity, Waves and Fluids, 22 October, 2021. "Mathematical Aspects of General Relativity", Mathematisches Forschungsinstitut Oberwolfach, 29 August - 4 September, 2021. International Congress of Mathematical Physics, Geneva, 2-7 August, 2021. Relativity seminar, Department of Physics, University of Vienna, 20 May, 2021. Seminar in the course "Hidden symmetries of gravitation" (given by prof. Marc Henneaux), Collège de France, 19 May, 2021. online video Mathematical Relativity seminar, Department of Mathematics, Instituto Superior Técnico, 13 May, 2021. Analysis & PDE seminar, Department of Mathematics, Stanford University, 2 April, 2021. Analysis seminar, Department of Mathematics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 30 March, 2021. Analysis seminar, Department of Mathematics, University of Toronto, 26 February, 2021. Joint ICL/UCL Pure Analysis and PDEs seminar, Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London, 19 February, 2021. Virtual seminar series, Princeton Gravity Initiative, 8 February, 2021.